Who we are
Risbridger Limited (“We”) are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
This policy sets out how we will process and store any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, either via our website or by other means. The following explains our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Under UK and European data protection and e-privacy legislation (Data Protection Legislation), the data controller is Risbridger Ltd, which is based at 25 Trowers Way, Holmethorpe Industrial Estate, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 2LH.
1. Information we hold about customers, requesters for information, suppliers, job applicants etc
We may process and store the following data about you:
Information you give us
- This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website, www.risbridger.com or by correspondence by email, post or telephone. The information you give us may include your name, position, company, contact details (such as address, e-mail address and phone number),
- We exhibit at trade shows and other networking activities and are active on social media platforms, such as LinkedIn and Twitter. If you give us a business card, we shall take this as your consent for us to contact you using the information on the card.
Information we collect about you
At each of your visits to our websites, we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources
This is information we receive about you if you use any of the websites that we operate, e.g. www.holmethorpe.org or www.bloodhound-risbridger.com
If we find your contact information by researching, e.g. reading trade journals, or searching on the internet, we will email requesting that you consent to being contacted by us. We will ask you to consent to receiving relevant emails, from time to time from us. You will be able to unsubscribe or change your preferences at any time.
2. Information that we might have access to
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
Cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor the websites to your interests. Users may set their browser to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at all. The latter option means that some website features may not be available to you. Website browsers are not all the same, information on Cookie preferences can be found in the ‘Help’ menus of each one.
During the course of any visit to risbridger.com, the pages you see and sometimes a cookie, are downloaded to your computer. Websites do this to enable website publishers to find out if the computer and /or the user has visited the website before. This is done on a repeat visit by checking to see any cookie left there at the last visit.
Risbridger websites only collects cookies for essential website functionality and in order to analyse website usage. We do not collect or store any personal data using cookies.
3. Legal grounds for collection and use of your personal information
We will only collect, use and otherwise handle your personal information when:
- We have your consent for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and/or
- it is necessary for our legitimate interests in order to operate our websites and our business, in particular:
– responding to your queries
– carrying out direct marketing
– providing services and/or information to you
– preventing and detecting fraud and other criminal offences
– ensuring network and information security
as long as, in each case, these interests are in line with applicable law and your legal rights and freedoms; and/or
- where this is necessary for legal obligations which apply to us
- where this is necessary for the performance of a contract we have with you (for example to provide goods and/or services to you) or that you have with a third party
- where this is necessary to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract for example, responding to your enquiry or request for quotation.
4. Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us
We will use this information:
- to respond to your enquiries, providing you with the information/products/services that you request
- to carry out any obligations specified in any contract with you
- to notify you about changes to our products
- to enable our website content to be efficiently presented to you
- to provide you with information about other/or new products that we offer
- when you have given us your contact details, we may provide you with information (telephone, email or by post) Should you opt out of receiving our communications, your use of our website will be unaffected.
Marketing unsubscribe link: link to opt out at Risbridger
We may also use any personal information that you provide to us:
- where legally permitted for specific purposes made clear when we collect personal data from you
- where we have legal grounds for collection/use of your personal information as explained above.
If you do not provide us with the personal information requested, we may not be able to supply the information or services you have asked for. However, your visits to our website will not be affected.
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to help keep our website safe and secure
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive your contact information from your colleagues and other business contacts. We will then give you the opportunity to Unsubscribe from any emails we may send you, or update your preferences to fine tune what you require from us.
5. Disclosure of your information
Some services that we provide require the involvement of third parties. We have carefully selected these third parties and taken steps to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected. You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with the following third parties:
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google“). Google Analytics works using cookies.
Google Analytics cookies collect your IP address, however because IP anonymisation is used on our website, your IP address will be shortened (and therefore anonymised) as soon as technically possible and before it is stored or otherwise used in connection with Google Analytics.
The anonymisation process takes place within the European Union or the European Economic Area, except in exceptional cases, where your full IP address may be sent to a Google server in the USA and shortened there.
We use the information collected by Google Analytics cookies to find out about how visitors use our website.
The IP address sent by your browser in connection with Google Analytics will not be combined by Google with other data.
You can prevent Google Analytics cookies from being stored by setting your browser software accordingly , however, please note that you may not then be able to make full use of all the website features.
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Risbridger delivers marketing emails via MailChimp, a third-party provider which stores data in the USA. We will seek your permission to add your name to our distribution list and will only transfer your name, email address and company name to MailChimp and store this data, in order to send you emails and track activity. MailChimp comply with data protection regulation, and we are satisfied that your data is secure.
Sharing with our service providers
We will let you know if we need to transfer your personal information to any third-party service providers located outside of the EEA.
Sharing with other selected third parties
We may share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- business partners for the performance of any contract we enter into with you; e.g. your contact details for in order to ship goods to you
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If Risbridger Ltd or the greater part of Risbridger Ltd assets are acquired by a third party. Personal data held by us about our customers and suppliers may be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to:
- comply with any legal obligation,
- protect the rights, property, or safety of Risbridger Ltd, our customers, or others.
This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations, regulators and law enforcement agencies for the purposes of preventing and detecting fraud, other criminal offence, credit risk reduction and/or to ensure network and information security.
Issue Date: 28th April 2018